Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s are natural times to communicate with people and invite them to Sunday School and church. Here are 10 ideas to get you started.
1. Send class members a Thanksgiving card and tell them how thankful you are to have them in your Sunday School class.
2. As a class put together one or more Thanksgiving baskets and deliver them to people in your Sunday School class or community.
3. Send a Christmas card to all Sunday School class members and prospects inviting them to Sunday School.
4. Send a special invitation to Sunday School class members and prospects inviting them to the Christmas music program at the church.
5. Plan a Christmas party or fellowship and invite all Sunday School class members and prospects. Ask people in the class to bring the food and refreshments.
6. Plan a fellowship around one of the football bowl games and invite class members and prospects.
7. Have an Operation Christmas Child fellowship and put together some “Christmas Boxes” for some children around the world.
8. As a class put together some “Care Packages” for some of our military.
9. As a class write Christmas cards to all of the prospects on your class list.
10. Bake some goodies and take them to some of the nursing homes in your area and visit shut-ins.
The list could go on and on and is only limited by your imagination. Take advantage of this special time of the year to minister to people and invite them to Sunday School.