Christmas can be an excellent time for reaching out to those who have not been consistent in attendance to your Sunday School class or to those who need to be involved in a small group Bible study. Christmas is a time when people are confronted with the saving message of Jesus Christ through decorations, music, and greetings. People are reminded of the reason for the season – Jesus Christ. We celebrate His birth, His life, His death, and His resurrection.
Here are 10 practical ways to use this time of year to reach out to people:
1. Have a Christmas party and invite everyone enrolled in your class and all prospects.
2. Take a small gift to everyone enrolled in your class and all prospects.
3. Have a class mission project to provide Christmas for a needy family.
4. Have an Operation Christmas Child box packing fellowship.
5. Send an invitation to those enrolled and prospects to attend the Christmas musical.
6. Have a caroling party and go to the homes of absentees and prospects to sing and take goodies.
7. Send Christmas cards to everyone enrolled and prospects.
8. Have a Christmas luncheon and ask all class members to bring a prospect.
9. Make Christmas wreaths and take them to class members and prospects.
10. As a class volunteer to ring the bells for the Salvation Army for a day or help serve meals.
The list of possible activities could go on and on. In the space below please share some ways you have used the Christmas season to reach out to people.